November 13th - November 18th
Grand Prize Shopping Spree: $450+ Gift Card or Paypal Cash
Second Place Grand Prize: (1) E-Book from every participating Author.
At each stop you will find a holiday recipe. My favorite desert is Peanut Butter Pie. Here's one of my favorite recipes, and I hope it becomes one of yours.
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES (ACTIVE TIME)
COOK TIME: 18 MINUTES
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
For the Chocolate Pie Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 Tb. sugar
- 6 Tb. COLD butter, cut into cubes
- 4 Tb. COLD shortening, cut into cubes
- 3-4 Tb. cold booze (like brandy or bourbon)
For the Peanut Butter Pie Filling:
- 3 cups California-made heavy cream, whipped (6 cups whipped cream)
- 2 cups traditional creamy peanut butter
- 2 - 8 oz. packages California-made cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
For the Toppings:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 small chocolate bar for chocolate curls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lower the rack to the lowest position. Cut the butter and shortening into cubes and place in the freezer to chill while pulling out the other ingredients. Pour the booze over ice to chill.
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar in a food processor. Add the cold butter and shortening and pulse to break up the butter into small pea-size balls. Drain the booze and add one tablespoon at a time pulsing, in between, until the dough come together. Don't add too much liquid and don't over mix. Dump out on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, place a piece of parchment paper (or foil) on the counter. Flour the paper and place the dough in the center. Flour a rolling pin and roll the dough out into a 12 inch circle. Use the paper to flip the dough into a deep-dish pie pan, then remove the paper. Fit the crust down into the pie pan, don't stretch the dough. Fold the rough edges under and crimp the edges with your fingers. Then place the paper back inside the pie crust and fill with pie weights (or dried beans or rice.)
- Bake the pie crust for 17-20 minutes until set. Allow the crust to cool before removing the pie weights and paper. Cool completely before filling.
- For the filling: Using an electric mixer whip the heavy cream into firm peaks and set aside. Using a clean bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth then beat in the peanut butter. Scrape the bowl and slowly add the powdered sugar. Once the mixture is smooth, gently fold in the whipped cream until the texture is consistent.
- Scoop the pie filling into the cooled crust. Refrigerate immediately. For the Toppings: Microwave the heavy cream until scalding hot. Add the chocolate chips and allow them to sit in the hot cream for 2-3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Once the chocolate ganache cools a little, use a spoon to drizzle it over the top. Then sprinkle with peanuts. Use a veggie peeler to shave chocolate curls over the top. Chill until ready to serve.
Leave a comment with your email address on my blog to be entered for the grand prize drawings. Each blog you visit and comment at is an extra entry into the drawing
Follow the link below for all the other sites to hop to.
I will be giving away an e-copy of Rescued from the Dark. All you have to do is like, follow this blog and leave a comment with your e-mail address below.
Good luck and I hope you gather many great recipes to add to your holiday table.
Rescued from the Dark, Romantic Suspense
Published through Black Opal Books
Released February 16,2013
FBI agent Jason Michaels goes undercover with the Irish Mob to get information on their gun smuggling ring. While on assignment he realizes they have joined forces with a known terrorist group manufacturing drugs. He searches for information to tie the two together when he finds out they have kidnapped a fellow agent, Mercedes Kingsley, the only girl he has ever loved. Jason soon realizes they're using Mercy to perfect their dosage and that his cover has been blown. He knows he has to save her so he takes off on a journey that will take him up against his enemies, peers and the Agency that he loves, but is willing to give up to bring Mercy back to him.
She has no memory of their love...
Kidnapped by terrorists and sent into a drug-induced coma, FBI intern Mercedes Kingsley awakes with no memory of her ordeal—or the intimate interlude that left her pregnant. Convinced her child was fathered by her ex-fiancé, she walks away from the only man she has ever loved, determined to make things work with her ex, a man the FBI suspects is implicated in her abduction.
He knows the truth, but no one will listen...
FBI undercover agent Jason Michaels remembers what Mercy can’t and those memories are breaking his heart. Forced to keep his distance from his lover and their unborn child, Jason risks his life to protect Mercy from a cell of international terrorists who have vowed to get the secrets locked in her memory, no matter the cost. Can Jason convince Mercy to trust him until she remembers their past, or will he lose her to a man who will trap her in a nightmare world of darkness from which there is no escape?