News Letter

For a free book, and my upcoming News


* indicates required














I took on NaNo and I won : )


I decided to work on my second book in the Guardian's of Hope series during NaNo this year.  I had written almost 40,000 words in this one and when I went back through I realized I swayed from the Ron's story, making it too much of his daughters and that's not what I wanted.  So I deleted all but about 5000 words and started over on November first.

I thought I would have all month to get this done. I had plans to write every night. Spend hours bringing my characters to life on paper. Well that lasted about four days. November decided to be one of my busiest months. Not a month to take on this type of challenge. But did I back down, no. I love a challenge.





So between Family visits, holidays, shopping, three book reviews, two sets of edits for my new release, my day job and keeping my seven month old granddaughter on the weekends I did it. I managed to get a rough draft of my second book, Last Chance to Run, complete. I took on NaNo, and I won.






 
Last Chance to Run:  

What if you found out the daughter you buried was alive and being held captive by a man you thought you killed? Ron Daily, head of the FBI's Counterintelligence Department, races to save his daughter, Tracy, as she escapes from her captives for one Last Chance to Run.
 
 
Rescued from the Dark
Release date- February 16, 2013 Through Black Opal Books.

An explosion ricocheted behind Jason’s eyes as the pressure mounted in his head.
The rush of panic consumed Jason Michaels as he struggled to move. He tried to
swallow but his throat burned from the flames that engulfed his lungs. He needed to
breathe but he could not, shit.
He strained to hear the muffled voices, but the pounding in his ears
erased all hope. His head started to spin and he succumbed to the realization,
this was it, the end, he won. The flames were dampened and his
heartbeat slowed. As the drums subsided, the voices became clearer.
“Give it to him now you son of a bitch. What were you thinking? We still need him.”

A split second release had Jason sucking in a breath of much needed air.
Stabbing pains shot through his head and every muscle fiber burned as the cold
blast of air shot through his lungs releasing the oxygen his body craved.
He arched his back and raised his chest trying to pull in more when he felt the
impact from the first blow. His head
snapped to the side and the crack from his neck echoed in his ears. The pain
jolted through his jaw as it raced across his cheekbone. Before he could gather
his senses, the hand smacked across his face again and the pain set his face on
fire. What the hell? With the third slap his eyes snapped open and he
wrenched upright with a lurch, hitting his head on the solid roof of the SUV.
Jason’s eyes darted back and forth looking for something familiar until he
locked onto the ice-cold stare of the devil himself, Shaun Flanagan.
Damn! That was close.
He could not blow his cover, even if it meant he would die as David Logan, and not
Jason Michaels. .