News Letter

For a free book, and my upcoming News


* indicates required














Don't let Depression kill your creativity, and steal away your life.

                     As I write this post, my heart is breaking. we lost an amazing Actor today. 
                              Some say he committed suicide, I say Depression killed him.



Discussing Depression is like talking about Politics or Religion. Everyone has an opinion. Some see it as an excuse, others see it as a true medical condition.
When I'm asked if I think depression is a real, I ask them if they think Chronic fatigue is, or even Postpartum illnesses. 
                                         You can't see them, but they can be felt.
Whether it's physical, or mental, it's still pain. and it can destroy your will to go on. I know. I've had friends battle this, and family members that have fought, and won.
                                  But not everyone is lucky enough to say they survived depression.
I'm a writer because I love to tell stories, but my first love has always been the medical field. I was raised around my Grandmother, who was a nurse, and have worked in hospitals since I was 15. And let me tell you that was a long time ago.
I have seen patients battle their way through horrific accidents, horrible life stealing diseases and silent killers.
We fight with them. Support them during their struggles and celebrate their triumphs. 
                                           But we treat depression like it's taboo.

 I've heard many say they're not sick, they're faking it. 
Do we tell patients that hurt all over for no diagnostic reason that they're faking it? No we don't. We do what ever we can to find them some help.
We need to do the same for those with an emotional, or mental illness. They hurt just like everyone else, they just can't take a pain killer and make it all go away.
We have pointed our finger and told them to get over it. Just get up and go out, you'll feel better. Don't dwell on things, it will go away, just give it time. 
None of this works. It just makes the person paint on a fake smile and show us what we want to see. They learn to hide their problems and go through the motions of a "Normal" person. Then one day they don't have what it takes to put that smile on, and they see only one thing that will help. Then we lose them forever.
                                                            This needs to stop. 

                     
                                        Depression is real. 
We stand behind Cancer, MS and so many other diseases. Now let's add Depression to that list.
Let's take the conversation to the streets. Get it out of the dark closet and show those who suffer that there is light at the end of the tunnel. 


                                 Show them we are here to help, no matter what they need.
Don't tell them you're sorry, show them by listening, not criticizing. Don't tell them to get up, help them with support during their dark days. And don't tell them to shake it off, it will go away, because it won't.

Depression can be treated. Some may need medication, others counseling. No matter what, it's out there and it is our job to make Depression something to talk about.
                                                    

Lets prove to the friend that's sad, the family member that lost their spark that you're there. Support them, help them. Show them that life would not be the same without them.  

                          Robin Williams, you left us before we were ready to let you go. 



     You brought happiness to so many when they felt trapped in the dark with your humor. 


      You will be missed. But your death helped open our eyes, and so many closed minds.


Thank you for stopping by and letting me vent. Sometimes having someone listen is all someone needs.

Lynda Kaye Frazier
http://lyndafrazier.blogspot.com
www.lyndakayefrazier.com
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lynda-Kaye-Frazier/189048967838229
Twitter- lynda_kaye
Amazon Author page:http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B009L7TK04
Writing is my passion, Reading is my Love.